PHONETICS for MODERN GREEK
I.P.A. = International Phonetic Alphabet
1. at a glance
3. in detail
- I write phonetics (pronunciation) in brackets with the symbols of International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) (fonts used: Arial Unicode MS).
- [mɑɪ ˈneɪm ɪz kateˈrina saˈri]
- ...a proposed system of transliteration of ipa for greek language for computer use.
- ...more about pronunciation and phonetics.
- gre. = greek modern and ancient
- mod.gre. = modern greek
- anc.gre. = ancient greek
- pronunc. = pronunciation
- scr. = script
- gre.scr.mono. = greek script monotonic. Supported from personal computers. Official script in Greece since 1982.
- gre.scr.poly. = greek script polytonic (was in use before 1982, and used more than one stress and other diatrics accents). Only philologists need this script.
- ...more abbreviations
katerina sarri, athens, october 2007